Sunday, January 12, 2014

eMagery Q&A

The following is a short interview with Brian Elliott, who owns and runs eMagery.




What is eMagery?

eMagery is my photography company. I run it as a one man band so to speak. I do portraits, weddings, events, nature photography, pet photography, and almost anything else you think you'd need. I also do event and other professional videography as part of eMagery.

How does eMagery fit in with your film production company, Christian Rebel Productions?

By and large they are separate entities and won't overlap in content.
 Christian Rebel Productions is strictly narrative films. These are generally defined by an edgy tone, Christian themes, and a certain level of brutality. Some films done under the heading of Christian Rebel include "The Trigger" (2012), and "Resolve" (2013).
In contrast, eMagery is focused primarily on photography and live event videography, such as weddings or concerts.
Gray areas where eMagery and Christian Rebel may overlap include music videos and documentaries.

What gear do you use?

I currently use the Panasonic GH3 Mirrorless Camera with a 25mm (50mm equivalant in 35mm format) Leica lens as well as Panasonic's 45-200mm lens (90mm - 400mm in 35mm format.)

What do you edit with?

I edit on my 2011 Macbook Pro with Adobe Lightroom 5, and when needed do more advanced edits in Photoshop CC. Post is a very important part of my process. Rarely does an image look exactly "print" ready out of the gate. Rather it's doing a touch of sharpening and adding a slight vignette to subtly draw the viewer's attention to the subject, or rather it's completely changing the tone and feel of an image, I rarely post an image without running it at least through Lightroom.

How long have you been a photographer?

I have actually only been in photography since October 2013.  I started in video production in 2005, and never really had an interest in photography until the purchase of my GH3. However, I quickly fell in love with it, and because of my understanding of lighting and composition from the video world, it has been a fairly easy transition. Generally people go from photography into video, but somehow I've managed to do the opposite.

What are your favorite subjects to photograph?

Music Artist Kahealani.
I enjoy portraiture the most. People are such interesting subjects. I love emotion, and when I can capture different feelings and emotions in a photo I love that. I snap candid pictures of friends all the time. I also really enjoy nature photography. I like getting spiderwebs in the sun, oddly shaped trees, and wildlife. 








What are you going to discuss on this blog?

I want to discuss gear, shooting techniques, certain photos, my editing process, creating unique effects in camera and in post, and other interesting photography tidbits - as well as share photos of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment